Gluten-free, Grain-free Layered Eggplant Parm
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 cups tomato sauce (view sauces section for my homemade recipe)
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- mozzarella, or cheese of choice
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil.
- Cook chopped onion and ground beef until beef is fully cooked and onion is soft.
- In a separate pot, begin to heat 2 cups of tomato sauce. Add in ground beef mixed as desired and heat through.
- Cut eggplant into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk both eggs.
- In another bowl, combine flours and garlic powder fully.
- Begin to dip eggplant slices into egg and then into flour, fully coating each piece.
- Cook in olive oil or avocado oil over a medium flame until lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- As you cook all slices of eggplant, begin to prepare a casserole dish.
- On the bottom of the dish spread the 3rd cup of tomato sauce evenly across dish.
- Layer the fried eggplant slices across the bottom.
- On top of eggplant layer heated meat sauce.
- Continue this trend until all eggplant and sauce are used.
- Lastly, cut thin slices of mozzarella to place across the top of layer eggplant.
- Bake for 10 mins or until cheese is melted fully.